Tuesday, December 30, 2014

New Recipe: Crock Pot Roast with Mushroom Gravy

Happy Tasty Tuesday!
After a week of eating nothing but sweets and cookies, I'm looking forward to getting back on track with my eating habits. I told myself that I would enjoy the two weeks of Christmas and New Years Eve and not worry about the number of calories I would be enjoying, but after the end of this week I'm ditching the holiday treats for healthier options. St. Maarten is less than 3 months away and I want to be bathing suit ready by then. Anyways, I have a yummy recipe to share with you all. Typically Sundays are my "big meal" day where I will end up making something hearty like a ham dinner or turkey with all the fixings. Two weeks ago I decided to try a pot roast with a mushroom gravy in the crock-pot and it came out super tasty. 
Ingredients:
  • 2-3lb eye of the round roast
  • 1 small onion, sliced
  • 2 large baked potatoes, cut into strips (see above picture)
  • 1 1/2 tbsp butter
  • 8oz sliced cremini mushrooms
  • 1/4 cup red wine
  • 1 packet of beef flavored boost (I used one packet of Knorr Concentrated Beef Stock)
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
  • In the crock-pot, place roast, sliced onions, sliced potatoes and about 1 1/2 cup of water.
  • Cook roast on low for 8-10 hours (4-6 on high).
  • About 30 minutes before roast is finished you will start the gravy. In a separate pan combine butter and sliced mushrooms and cook for about 3 minutes over medium heat. 
  • Stir in red wine and flavor boost packet for about 3-5 minutes until completely combined. 
  • Add flour and season to taste with salt and pepper, stirring until gravy thickens a bit. 
  • Keep gravy on low heat until ready to serve dinner.
  • Take roast out of crock pot and slice, spoon gravy over roast. Serve with potatoes and onions from the crock pot and a vegetable.
  • Enjoy!
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I am SO trying this this week! Maybe for New Years Dinner :)

    ~Dana
    curly hair & high heels

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness,this literally is making my mouth water. It looks amazing, I need to try this.

    http://thepreppysisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo