Monday, January 6, 2014

Travel Essentials



            Okay so I know I've been complaining a lot lately but I am so over winter. In 3 (long) months I'll be headed to sunny and warm Costa Rica and I've already started planning on what to bring to get my mind off this miserable weather we've been having. I know I can't be the only one who heads to their local Target a couple days before a trip to buy those airline friendly carry-on shampoos and soaps. I refuse to check a bag because I have serious paranoia that my luggage and all my stuff will get lost forever so it's important that I find TSA approved products that I can bring on board with me. This means that I have to shove all my shampoo, conditioner, face wash, lotions, moisturizer, toothpaste etc into a tiny plastic bag and find decent products that I can trust to keep me feeling clean throughout the duration of my trip. 
           So I was looking through my recent InStyle magazine and they highlighted their favorite travel kits and I'm officially hooked. The idea that I can order a little travel set that comes in it's own case and has everything I would ever need for a trip is music to my ears. 


This is what I found:
This one is the most expensive but has a good selection of products, Malin + Goetz specializes in bath and body products for sensitive skin. The travel kit includes grapefruit facial cleanser, vitamin E facial moisturizer, bergamot body wash, peppermint shampoo (my favorite), cilantro conditioner and B5 body moisturizer. It comes in that fun Tumi kit and their website says its all TSA approved for carry-ons, woohoo!

Okay this set is just as amazing as the first one and comes with quite the selection of products. The Fresh kit comes with soy face cleanser, sugar lip treatment sunscreen SPF 15 (which is always appreciated after a day at the beach), black tea age-delay cream, grapefruit bath and shower gel, grapefruit moisturizing body lotion, soy shampoo, and pomegranate conditioner. All items are travel friendly and comes in a clear kit.

This set is a little different from the others because the products come in packets and its solely focused on hair care. Included in the set is 6 shampoo and conditioner packers and one shampoo/masque packet. So if you prefer to bring your own body lotions and moisturizers but need q quick solution to your hair travel, this is the set for you.
Am I the only one too paranoid to check a bag at the airport?
What travel sized products do you use when you travel?
xoxo

9 comments:

  1. I NEVER check a bag at the airports, I just love all my stuff too much to risk it getting lost. I love the look of the Fresh set!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will have such a great time in Costa Rica, I am sure you are counting down the day to warmer weather and a vacation! I love all of the travel essentials!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a great idea! i'm right there with you about checking bags....i'm always scared they will get lost! happy monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had the luxury of checking my bag! Air France once lost my bag for 10 days!!! Great picks :)

    Ashley | History in High Heels

    ReplyDelete
  5. The travel set! That I need in my life, great discovery!

    Cee. ♥
    Code Overdressed

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Tumi and Malin Set... so cute, and it sounds like it has everything! Great post :) Happy Monday!

    xo,
    Stephanie
    Diary of a Debutante
    www.stephanieziajka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Before a trip, I always go buy those mini sets! So much more convenient than lugging around the big ones! I love the one in the bag!

    ♥ Marissa // Anchors & Owls

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post.
    Lovely blog, had to follow.

    Check out my blog and follow if you like.
    www.gazingaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my posts! I read every single comment! xo